Friday, April 28, 2006

High gas prices propel a new 'moped madness' | csmonitor.com

High gas prices propel a new 'moped madness' csmonitor.com

When gas prices spiked last summer, I recall going into a filling station and watching a guy with a motorcycle fill up. A quick thought passed through my mind that said that's not a bad idea!

I drive a late model Nissan Maxima that gets 19 mpg in the city and about 25 mpg on the highway, which isn't bad. The only problem is that I paid nearly $ 50 yesterday to fill it and I have to do that once a week if I stay on the PA side. If I go to my NJ location a couple of times, then it's twice a week. Gas is now getting at an inflection point where one has to take a look at managing the cost differently. Maybe getting a moped for the daily drive from home to work and back wouldn't be a bad idea and I'll save the Max for highway driving and the winters.

I think we've reached a permanent plateau of high gas prices. Peak oil production is either here or close by. That's significant mainly because that means dwindling supplies in the face of increased demand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home